Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Final Countdown

It is that time...the 7 day count down to departure!!! I wish I could sing "my bags are packed and I'm ready to go"...but unfortunately, I am not that far ahead, but I am getting there and will be ready!!!

But enough with the specifics, I have an extraordinary story to share of how God is already blowing my expectations.

About a week ago, I was at the bank looking into credit card and checking options for international service, and this woman named Kara was the assistant helping me. As time passed in her office with asking questions and figuring out what the best options would be, Kara started asking questions about my trip. As she found out that I was going to Africa as a volunteer in missions, working with a program called Life For Children- a foster care system for AIDs orphans, she told me this,

"I was praying over my lunch break today that God would send me someone to help this afternoon. And I think that person is you."

She then asked me if I was taking donations, and I said yes. So she opened her checkbook and wrote me a check for $100!!! A complete stranger gave me a check for $100!!! That is NOT normal, and I have no other explanation except God is faithful and works in ways we cannot understand.

Already in preparation for this trip, He has done big things, and I am waiting in eager anticipation for what is to come!!!

As always, I appreciate the prayers, and I will keep in touch. Keep checking in for more AMAZEMENT in Africa!!!

5 comments:

  1. What an AMAZING beginning! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story of God's incredible provision! And I bet that she was as blessed as you were. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God covenents with us, Christ is for us and the Holy Spirit walks with us. This story is good stuff! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete